Apricot-Stuffed Chicken is a healthy recipe that not only tastes great but is easy to make as well. This dish can easily be made after work without a lot of rushing around with ingredients that you should have already in your pantry.
* 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skin on
* 1 cup dry stuffing mix
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 4 fresh apricots (½ lb), halved
* 1 cup all-fruit apricot jam
* 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1. Place chicken skin side down, and pound it with a mallet to flatten slightly.
2. Combine stuffing mix, onion, butter, and ¼ tsp ginger. Spoon stuffing mixture in a strip along center of each breast.
3. Place apricot halves on top of stuffing. Wrap chicken around filling; tie each chicken roll with a string every 2 inches.
4. Barbecue on rack about 5½ inches above medium-hot coals 15 minutes, turning once or twice. Mix apricot jam, vinegar, and remaining ¼ tsp ginger.
5. Brush jam mixture over chicken rolls; continue cooking until done, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Carbs: 69 g
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 260 mg
Fiber: 3 g